Disclosure: Please note that this post includes affiliate links that provide a commission to me if you decide to purchase a paid plan. However, the links are for the best software and tools you need to start a successful blog. For more information, you can read my affiliate commission disclosure over here.
When you start blogging, you need the best blogging tools and resources. You need them for everything i.e. starting a blog, customization, traffic generation, SEO and monetization etc.
The online marketplace is full of tools that claim to work perfectly but most of them are useless. So finding the best tools and resources takes a lot of time, money and energy. You’ve to search and test the available options. It is a very time-consuming task and irritating as well.
When I started BloggingVerve.com (which is now a top-performing blog) I made a lot of mistakes like:
- paying for those tools whose free alternatives were available;
- paying more money for less useful resources;
- buying tools on monthly subscriptions whereas tools with one-time cost were available;
These mistakes cost me a lot of time and money but I don’t want you to waste your time and money like me.
That’s why I created this page to tell you about the best blogging resources and tools that I use myself on my blog BloggingVerve.com. In the list below, I will mention both types of tools i.e. free and paid. But trust me, if I am recommending a paid tool, then I’ve already tested the free options and they are not worth the time.
List of the best blogging tools and resources
Web Hosting Service
- BlueHost Web Hosting: I use Bluehost web-Hosting for my blog BloggingVerve.com As you know that web hosting is the most important part of blogging. A good web hosting service is the most important factor behind the success of your blog. If you want your blog to run smoothly with maximum up-time then I recommend Bluehost. When you buy Bluehost hosting, you get a domain completely free!
- GeneratePress Premium: After hosting, your blog theme is the next important thing you should carefully select. I tested many themes, but none of them has as many customizations as GeneratePress Premium have. I am very much happy and highly satisfied with Generatepress. This theme gives you a lot of options to customize elements like Header, Footer, Body, Posts, Images and Layout. These options are very much important if you want to give your blog a custom look. So, I can recommend GeneratePress Premium without any hesitation.
- Rank Math PRO: I use Rank Math PRO for SEO of my blog. This plugin is simply awesome! It helps you choose better titles and meta descriptions by giving a score to each of your completed activity. It also asks you to optimize your images so that you get better rankings in Search Engines. You can use variables like Year, Month and Dates also in your Titles and Description tags so that in search engines snippets your blog always look updated. If you really want to optimize your blog for Search Engines, then this is the best plugin you can get.
- Easy Social Share Plugin: I use Easy Social Share Plugin to display social media buttons on my blog. This is the best social plugin in the market. Before it, I tested more than ten free social media plugins and I didn’t like ANY of them. Most of them are crap and will slow down your website. Easy Social Share Plugin gives you a lot of customizations and you can place beautiful social media buttons on your blog without slowing it down.
- Dynamic Month & Year into Posts: This is a great FREE plugin if you want to use month/year variables in your posts. By using this plugin you can add today’s date by [date], current year by [year], previous year by [pyear], next year by [nyear] and current month (like September) by [month] anywhere, including content and title. Dynamic Month & Year into Posts automatically updates post title and content with the current month, year and date etc. Very useful for on-site optimization and better search engine rankings.
- Contextual Related Posts: This is the best, yet FREE, plugin that gives you the freedom to display related posts at any place on your blog. It increases reader’s retention and reduces bounce rates. It helps the user explore more posts on your blog which increases the average time a user spends on your blog. More time spent means more user engagement.
- Simple Author Box: This is another great plugin and FREE too! It adds a responsive author box with social plugins on your blog. I used many author box plugins but this is the best one!
Websites & Services
- Canva: I use Canva to create images for my blog. You can create a very good quality images from their website. It is also a FREE tool.
So, this was a list of some of the best blogging tools and resources. I will keep adding more tools and resources to this list after testing them thoroughly. So, please keep checking the list every few days to keep yourself updated with the more useful tools and resources.
Have questions? Click here to Send a Message and ask anything about Blogging. I will reply to your message personally and in shortest possible time!